Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mea Culpa

Sorry it's been so long since I've been on.  I'm lazy...and busy, but I have plenty to say.
First off, I'm almost the same weight as my husband.  WOOHOO!!  I have about 40 pounds til goal.  Then...what?  Well, start doing research and sending out letters and seeing if anyone will be willing to sponsor all my plastic surgery...'cause I'll need a lot of it.  I LOVE the way I look in clothes, but all that hangy skin in the mirror is kind of creepy!

I've been doing OK staying on track, but not great.  It's so easy to get sloppy, so I'm working harder at attending my OA meetings and keeping in touch with my sponsor.  Coffee is a real pitfall for me.  I love it!  One might think it's innocent, except the calories and carbs from the creamer add up.  I'm trying to convince myself to switch to tea in the afternoons.  So far, no success.

People keep asking me how I feel.  I feel GREAT!  I can do so many things.  I can breath.  When I sit at a booth in a restaurant, I feel as though I'm about 10 feet from the table.  It's so strange!  People keep complimenting me on the way I look; it feels nice and strange at the same time.  Overall, I just feel healthy and that's a good thing.

The last two weeks have been a little difficult.  I keep thinking about food a lot and the things I miss.  For example, I keep thinking about snickers bars.  MAN!  I used to love those things.  It's hard, sometimes, to go into a convenience store, or stand in the check out line with all that junk staring at me, calling my name.  I just keep reminding myself that the momentary taste of that food is nowhere NEAR as good or as long lasting as the way I feel right now.  Plus, if I fill my tiny belly with that candy bar, I won't have room for my protein is what's helping me lose weight.

Ok, gotta run.  More later!

No comments: