Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I survived the holidays...how 'bout you?

Well, I did it. I made it through Christmas. It wasn't easy, but I did it. Actually, it wasn't too hard, because, for the most part, I wasn't feeling well anyway, so I really wasn't much up to eating. The hardest meal was Saturday night when we went out for pizza. Back home, we have the best pizza parlor on EARTH. Everyone was eating pizza, and I had this wimpy looking taco salad. The salad wasn't that bad, but I was just really missing the pizza. I sampled the pizza cheese and that was it. I didn't have a single cookie or taste of cake or homemade roll. I filled up on homemade chili and ham and AWESOME squash (I brought some home with me. Yuuuuuumyyyy!)

For the most part, I'm no realizing that controlling myself around food is about making decisions and not getting into debates with myself. As soon as I allow myself to debate about whether or not I should eat something, I've lost. So, now, I just tell myself no as soon as the thought hits my head. It's not always easy because there are times I really want something, but it seems to work most of the time.

I did splurge on my birthday, though. I had a couple of drinks (I was 3 sheets to the wind half way through the first one...cheap drunk!), and I ate two slices of bread. YUM! I have to REALLY watch out, though. First off, I shouldn't be eating this stuff right now. Second, it's very easy to splurge too many times in a week. I have to really keep the dietitian's advice in mind - once a week. I'm working hard. I really don't want to backslide...and it's easy to do.

The coolest part is that, while I was home, I got A LOT of compliments. Then my hubby keeps telling me how good I look. I love the way I look (although, the skin gets to me sometimes). So, with all this positive feedback, it helps me turn food down sometimes. For example, last night I was jonesing for some peanut butter. I was going to have it too. Then my husband made a comment that made me feel AWESOME...suddenly, the peanut butter wasn't so enticing anymore...although, I might go out and buy some sugar free peanut butter for the future. There is a website called bellplantation.com. They sell dehydrated peanut butter - they've sucked must of the oil out of it. When you want some, you just mix 2T with a T of water or anything else (jelly, honey...whatever). I just looked at the website, and now they have chocolate peanut butter. YAY!!! Anyway, the fat content and calorie content are really low (50 cals). They do add sugar, but not much.

Ok, I think I'm done babbling for now. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season.

No comments: