Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh, the pain of it all!

I don't know how people eat around the surgery - this means that, regardless of the surgery, they still manage to eat more than they should thus maintaining a high weight or gaining weight back. I really DON'T know how people do it. I sure can't! Not that I want to or even trying to.

The reason I bring the topic up is that, occasionally, I eat too much. For example, last night I ate my dinner. About an hour and a half later, I decided to have my snack. Well, my stomach just wasn't ready for more food, and I spend the next hour wishing I could throw up! Even one bite too many (as I've learned) can lead to AGONY.

Before surgery, I ate myself to the point of nausea, but it was nothing like this. Pre-surgery it was kind of like, "Ok, I feel like throwing up now." Now, however, when I take that bite too much it's like...I don't even know how to describe it. It's just plain unbearable.

So, again, I ask, how can people torture themselves by eating around the surgery? Maybe they don't feel as I do when they overeat. After all, the surgery is different for everyone.

At the moment, I'm trying to make my way through breakfast - cheesey chicken and cauliflower soup (I don't really care for solids in the morning so, when I can, I make soup). It's earlier than I'm used to eating, so I'm really not in the mood for food. I'm just trying to do my best. The soup came out pretty good though!

No comments: