Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Post number two...

I saw the doc on Tuesday. I'm finally able to start eating!!! YAY!!! Nothing major...but I don't even have to puree. I can try about 3 ounces of meat and about 1.5 ounces of veggies once a day. I haven't done it yet. Last night I had pea soup. It was very yummy but TOO salty (it was the canned stuff). I've been off processed food for over 2 months now. I guess that's long enough to wash the stuff out of my system, and I'm no longer used to it. I actually think that's a good thing. There are so many added "things" in processed soup that I don't need to be or even shouldn't be eating. If I don't eat processed food, I don't have to worry about getting that stuff into my body. Yeah, it'll make life less convenient sometimes, but I'll deal. I love cooking. I can also start freezing more...making 4 servings, freezing 2 for a day when I don't have time to cook. I'm just glad for the opportunity to attempt food and move a little further away from the protein supplements.

Speaking of protein...how am I supplementing? I have unflavored protein, and when I can, I try to add it to my food. I figure the more of that I can do, the fewer shooters I have to gag my way through. Right now, I'm drinking coffee with protein powder added to it. It was a suggestion a woman made at the support group on Monday. I think it was a great idea! I get my coffee and my protein too.

Today, I made another soup...but this soup is homemade. I'm going to try it for lunch after I go for my walk. In the literature Tracy gave us Monday night it suggested that, month one after surgery we should try walking one mile per day. Month two we should walk two miles per day, and month three we should be up to two miles per day. So, I'm trying to walk 2 miles a day since I'm in month two (can you believe I'm in week 5 already??). It takes me almost an hour to do since I'm not walking that fast right now. Hopefully by the time I get up to 3 miles, I'll be walking a little faster!

That being said, time for me to head out! I needa walk, then eat, then get ready for work (not so sure if I like working evenings. It makes the day weird).

No comments: