Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where things stand

Hello, Readers.
Well, I stopped by the doctor's office yesterday and met with one of the nurses (Doc dropped in on the discussion as well). I explained how concerned I am about the lack of weight loss. I'm tellin' ya, I was pretty down about the whole thing. On the verge of tears all the time, feeling depressed, not wanting to get out of bed.

What they told me is that 1. I'm still not eating enough protein. Even though I'm getting the minimum amount, it appears to not be enough, so I need to start beefing up on that. This means I get to start working even more on choking down the super-sweet, nasty protein shooters. BLECK! I have to start doing 3 of those a day. As for food, don't worry about it so much. What I'm eating is ok, but just worry about protein, protein, PROTEIN! 2. I'm probably still insulin resistant. Therefore, my body is just giving me a big F-U! and refusing to let go of any fat.

The bottom line, patience and stay off the scale.

How do I feel now? Well, I do feel a little better for having spoken with the nurse. Currently, I'm trying to eat and egg and it smells NASTY! It tastes ok, but the smell isn't agreeing with me. I hid my scale under the bed. I'm going to have to get rid of it...anyone want a free scale? Otherwise it'll keep haunting me and calling my name in that sweet, seductive way it has. Darn scale!

Once I finish my egg, I need to head out to the rhumetilogist. My FMS is flairing up since I can no longer take Cymbalta. I have to see if she can prescribe something else that's not delayed release...can't take delayed release pills anymore. :(

No comments: