Saturday, July 25, 2009

The morning after...

So yesterday I went running around to job interviews, and then the family came over for dinner. Today...I HURT!! I guess it was a little too much all at once. Word to the wise I suppose...it's better to just take it easy. Yes, getting up and moving around is an important part of recovery. At the same time, it's important to take care of oneself. I'm not so good at that part. However, I guess I'll have to learn because, from here on in, when it comes to food, I'll always have to make sure I pay attention to my needs over anyone else's desires. It will be an interesting experience, learning to put myself first...

In terms of other things...still struggling with the bowels. I tried a new laxetive last night - no luck, so now I'm working with good, old-fashioned prune juice. If that doesn't work...well...who knows.

I'm still struggling with the protein shakes. A lap-band friend said she did carnation instant breakfast - but it's too low in protein. I tried it anyway and I think I can get used to it...My sister said to try putting a little peanut butter in my shakes. That's what she did when she was pregnant. So, I bought some sugar free peanut butter and I guess I might try that for lunch. Yesterday I mixed chicken soup flavored protein with cream of mushroom soup and that worked out really well. Maybe I'll just eat soup all day!

Ok, off to my prune juice and some homework!

No comments: